Image Map

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Best of the Bunch: April 2017



I have a lot of quirks. Some are more fun than others. I've begun to realize more of them since moving in with Sean. Stephanie had similar revelations after moving in with her man. She also shared a list of co-habitating must haves. There are some good tips in there!

There's so much negativity everywhere. Sometimes it feels like the whole world is against you. And then I saw Steph's post simply entitled, "I'm rooting for you today." I don't think I knew how much I needed to see that until I did.

My wedding is more than a year away. I know there will be things I can't control or can only control so far. And I am a bit of a control freak. Juliette wrote about what almost ruined her wedding day. It reassured me that even if there are some hiccups, the day will still end up being wonderful.

I love having new things. I always have a wishlist of things I want. But indulging is not a good way to conserve funds. I really liked Nadine's trick for loving what you already have. It's really simple and kind of genius.

There's been a lot of talk about rape culture in recent years. Some people believe it's a term that's been made up and it doesn't really exist. I disagree with those people. So does Steph, and she talks about how to identify rape culture and do your part to eradicate it.

Have a great Saturday!




2 comments:

  1. Wow two. Thanks so much for sharing. I always try to put out the I'm rooting for you vibe, so clearly I think that's important but especially thank you for sharing the link to my rape culture post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm late to the party, but I sure could use a good "rooting for you" post today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover