Image Map

Thursday, June 29, 2017

This & That 6/29

1 :: I introduced my new book last week. There's been a decent response and I'm so grateful for the support, but I'm a little sad it got less attention than when I got engaged. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about getting married. But I worked hard on that book (as I do all of them). Why is it that we celebrate some life achievements more than others?


2 :: I am really struggling lately with my emotions and some friendship insecurities. I think being burned out has let some anxiety and depression take over. I have moments where I'm not sure I matter to anyone who isn't Sean or my immediately family. Logically, I know that's not true, but I don't know how to turn off those thoughts.
How I'm feeling, but the kitten is much cuter than I am.

3 :: I feel like sharing the above item is important. I'm not looking for pity or reassurance. I'm just offering some transparency. Too often, I read the blogs of others and think their lives look perfect. I think it's key to share struggles too.


4 :: My parents recently bought us a grill. We've been researching and thinking about it for a while but just hadn't actually made the purchase. I'm so excited at this new addition and look forward to lots of summer meals. What's your favorite thing to grill?


5 :: This weekend will be a long one for some people. My company is only closed on Tuesday (the 4th). And Sean doesn't get a day off at all for the holiday. We're both kind of bummed as we had been planning to spend the time with family. But we just keep reminding ourselves that it won't be like this forever.



2 comments:

  1. We grilled steak with a pineapple/soy sauce marinade over the weekend and it was amazing.

    I am so happy your book is out (because holy cow, I could never get a book out while being as busy as you are) and I would offer to read/review/buy/etc but I really am not a fan of sports books and I, sadly, don't like baseball very much at all. I'm not your target for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you've been feeling anxious and depressed. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover