Image Map

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday Sweats: Am I half-crazy ... again?

I've been so inspired by following Holly's posts about her running and training. A few weeks ago, she notched a PR. I was so happy for her. I know how hard she's worked and trained. And I know how it feels to crush a goal.

I completed my first 13.1 race in October 2014. I remember the rush of crossing the finish line at the end. I remember the pride in wearing my medal around all day. I also remember how burned out I got during the training. I felt like all I did was run, sleep, and work.

Despite the training memories, I'm starting to get the itch to do another half-marathon.


The one I'm eyeing is next May.

That gives me plenty of time to prepare. I trained for my first half in 16 weeks. I could definitely do that for this one. I'd have to do a lot of my early training indoors on a treadmill, but I'd be able to get outside late in the training, which is when the longer runs come into play.

But ... I'll also be getting married in June. A month later. Is it a terrible idea to train for a marathon during the last stretch of wedding planning? Or could it actually be good for me to have an escape from wedding madness (running)? I didn't actually lose any weight the last time I trained for a half, so I wouldn't need to worry about it messing with sizing for my dress. I might have to contemplate weird tan lines though.

Am I (half) crazy to be considering another half? Especially one so close to my wedding?

+++++

Last week's workouts
Sunday - Off ... but I did walk about 10 miles at the fair
Monday - Boot Camp (30 mins)
Tuesday - WOD Strength (30 mins)
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Warrior Strength (30 mins) + Outdoor run (30 mins)
Friday - BodyPump (60 mins)
Saturday - Outdoor run (40 mins)

As always, be sure to check out Sunday Sweats posts from Holly and Christy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover