Image Map

Thursday, August 17, 2017

This & That 8/17

:: I should probably be more consistent with my blogging, but I'm not sure I care. I enjoy my blog, but I don't want it to become another job or chore. I want it to remain the fun outlet it has been and is. So I'll just continue to blog when I feel like I have something to say. Even if that something is really a lot of nothing.


:: Sean and I went to the Iowa State Fair twice. Although that's probably being a big generous. Our first trip was an 11-hour adventure. The second one was only about an hour (we only got a half-day from job one and then he had to go to his second job). But I think we made the most of our time on the grounds. We ate lots of good food, bought bourbon barrel-aged syrup, saw a Pentatonix concert, met up with one of my college roommates, tasted some beers, and saw baby animals. Pretty much a win.
Some of my fair food: mini donuts, deep fried Oreos, & bacon brisket grilled cheese.
Baby animal alert (clockwise from top left): ostriches, goats, chickens, & ducks.

 :: I had fully intended to go to my favorite fitness class last night. But as the day wore on, I became more inclined to stay home for an evening of TV and reading. And that's what won. I've been so busy the last few weeks. It was nice to just have few quiet hours to myself. I think that's as important for my health and wellness as a workout.


:: I cannot find all the words I want to say about what happened in Charlottesville over the weekend. I've seen lots of articles, coverage, and even a short documentary about it in the last several days. I'm still in disbelief that people with such extreme hate exist. I just don't understand that way of thinking. I guess that's a good thing. All I know is I am very sad about the current state of our nation. We need to do better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover