Image Map

Thursday, August 24, 2017

This & That 8/24

:: The other day, I heard "Dirty Dancing" was 30 years old. Unreal. Of course, I had to go home and watch it that night. This movie could never be made in 2017. And while I didn't hate "Havana Nights," I'm OK if they don't make another adaptation.

:: I like trying things other bloggers recommend. Earlier this month, I bought a Turbie Twist after reading Ricci's post about her curly hair routine. So far, I love them!


:: The other day, I did something I've done maybe twice in my adult life -- I left work early because I didn't feel well. What started out as a slight headache in the morning blossomed into a massive pain that went from forehead to the nape of the neck. It felt like someone had driven an ice pick through my head. On top of that, I had nausea and shakiness. And Sean said I looked really white. I tried to power through the day, but ended up packing it up at 12:30. I'm pretty sure I experienced my first migraine. And hopefully my last. That was terrible.


:: Have I mentioned lately how much I love powder dip manicures? Here's what mine currently looks like after four weeks. FOUR WEEKS. I'm getting it re-done this weekend, but man, I love how long it lasted.


:: My Monday ended with a double rainbow. Seriously, how beautiful is this? The picture really doesn't adequately capture how VIVID the colors were in the bottom rainbow.


What's new with you this week?


3 comments:

  1. Did you have a tension headache? I hope you're feeling better!

    Love the rainbow photo and of course Dirty Dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try the Turbie Twist. I have really thick, curly hair that takes forever to air dry (I don't blowdry in summer- too hot). Love the double rainbow picture! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using the turbie twist for many years every time I wash my hair, I have naturally curly hair as well but not as curly as yours! I love it, keeps my wet hair off my neck too which helps when getting ready in the humid bathroom

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover