Image Map

Thursday, September 14, 2017

This & That 9/14

:: More joys of home ownership this week. A short while ago, we got our water bill and it was twice what it should be. We determined it was from a leaking flush valve. How? The food coloring test. Put a few drops of food coloring in the tank of the toilet. Wait 20-30 minutes and check the toilet. If there's color in the bowl, you have a leak. Ugh. Not a fun science experiment. So we shut the water off to that toilet (fortunately we have two others) until we could get the situation remedied. Thanks to my parents and a family friend, we didn't have to wait long. A new one was installed last weekend. Hooray!!


:: Last Friday, I got off work a little earlier than expected, so Sean and I had an impromptu date night. By date night, I mean dinner out and then grocery shopping. Are we getting boring?
Not us, but could have been.

:: I need to go shopping for clothes. And my mom and dad gave me a gift card for my birthday for this purpose. I just haven't been motivated to do so. I don't enjoy clothes shopping. I know, that's weird. I really just don't like trying things on.


:: The brewery where I work part-time currently has a gruit beer, which contains no hops. Instead, the brewer used backyard weeds -- creeping charlie, prickly lettuce, and dandelions -- in the bittering portion of the brew process. It sounds weird, but it's really quite tasty and refreshing. And it's called Baby Groot. Heh.
Photo courtesy of 515 Brewing.

What's on your mind this week?


2 comments:

  1. I usually just memorize my sizes or make really good guesses and order online. Things usually fit haha. If not, I send them back. There's always more of a selection online too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing as Kristin! I like shopping online especially from stores that I know what my sizes are. If it doesn't fit, I just take it back to the actual store.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover